January 2007

January 2007

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

April weather


It snowed yesterday here in Central New York....grrrr...
Just when you think it's over, Mother Nature hits you over the head and says "Not yet, my impatient one, did you forget where you live?" Reality returns. This spring has been too good to be true. This picture is not of snow, these are my beloved cherry blossoms blown off the tree. Happens every year - the tree reaches perfection and then WHAM!! Wind, rain, snow, hail...

I came across this Robert Frost poem last night that describes April perfectly -

"Two Tramps in Mudtime"

The sun was warm but the wind was chill.
You know how it is with an April day
When the sun is out and the wind is still,
You're one month on in the middle of May.
But if you so much as dare to speak,
A cloud comes over the sunlit arch,
A wind comes off a frozen peak,
And you're two months back in the middle of March.

2 comments:

  1. That Frost poem was perfect Bonnie ! We had horrible wet snow on Monday .. then it cleared and was sunny but it has been COLD and windy.
    YUCK ! .. never the less the garden NEEDS us big time right ? .. we have to get our tree planted today .. the crew is supposed to come tomorrow and I am in a tizzy with excitement : )
    Hope you get some nice quality time with your garden .. don't over do it girl .. we aren't as young as we used to be ? LOL
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy, how did you know I was old?? LOL My mind says I'm not but my body says I am.
    Cold and windy here too. Just planted 25 strawberry plants.

    ReplyDelete