January 2007

January 2007

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Beautiful winter day


Last Saturday was a beautiful winter day, although I consider sunny days in August with green grass and colorful flowers to be more beautiful!  Having said that, living in my part of the world that has winter weather from November until April, you have to find ways to enjoy it. My husband and I got out our cross-country skis for the first time this winter and headed to Battle Island State Park, which is actually a golf course.  The sun was shining bright against the blue skes, making the pure white snow sparkle. Not many people were out so it was quiet and peaceful. Niether one of us fell - good thing!

 


This hill is a little bigger than it looks. I was surprised there was no one sledding on it. When my kids used to ski here with me, they enjoyed skiing down this hill. Cross-Country skis were not made to go downhill!


This is a narrow bridge you ski across at the end of the trail, I always get nervous, there's no room to fall and the approach from both ends is a slight downhill. Now, younger people probably think nothing of it, but as I get older, the fear of broken bones gets stronger.


5 comments:

  1. That little hill sure looks inviting for doing some sledding. Great to see you are having good weather and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great snow images. It looks so peaceful for your skiing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice to get out and enjoy the snow. We'll be doing just that next week.
    I'm with you on fearing falling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your snow looks beautiful Bonnie, stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does look pretty. Still I bet it was nice to come inside where it was warm.

    ReplyDelete