January 2007

January 2007

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Rain, rain, go away

We had so much rain yesterday, my flowers are water logged, drooping, sad, and broken. And so am I. I need to find stakes that are at least 5 ft. tall to stake my flower with next year. These are my poor drooping phlox, spilling their sad, pink tears.


My false sunflowers were glorious - reaching for the sky. Now their stems are broken off where they were staked. I'll cut them and put them in a vase, but I am so sad. This happened last year, too. I thought I had them staked better. Live and learn....

Russian sage is not happy. I may still be able to save it if I tie it up better.

These are photos of my liatris - before and after the rain. More heavy rain is predicted for tonight.

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there Bonnie! The rain can't last forever until then... put on your rubber boots and start gathering your stakes!

    BTW, the flower are gorgeous (even if they are laying down). LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement. I have everything re-staked. We'll see what tonight's rain brings. Next year, I will be prepared!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rain ruined my daisies this year - I'm going to whack them off and see if they come back.

    ReplyDelete