January 2007

January 2007

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Evening Garden by Peter Loewer book review

If you don't already have a garden to enjoy in the evening, in the light of the moon, you will want one after reading Peter Loewer's book, The Evening Garden: Flowers and Fragrance From Dusk to Dawn.
I am in the process of submitting a children's story I wrote to publishers. I've been working on it since last winter. The title - The Moonlight Garden. The story takes the reader on a stroll through a moonlit garden and my hopes are it will inspire parents to create a similar garden with their children.
I borrowed Peter's book from the library so many times to use in my research, I finally bought my own copy. This book is such an inspiration. Full of beautiful black & white drawings, quotes, and snippets about gardening. It's full of ideas, plant care, etc. Published in 1993, there are many new varieties of flowers and plants suitable for an evening garden, but this book is a great place to start. (As my book would be if a publisher chooses to publish it.)
If you're looking for a different "theme" garden to add to your landscape, consider one you can enjoy at night - after a day of work and chores.

http://www.amazon.com/Evening-Garden-Flowers-Fragrance-Dusk/dp/0881925322


No comments:

Post a Comment