January 2007

January 2007

Sunday, August 8, 2010

flower dolls

Okay, so I was bored one day. I know, how is that possible when you have gardens to weed. I guess I didn't feel like weeding, I felt like playing. Remembering the hollyhock dolls I used to make as a kid, I decided to see what else you could turn into "people". My husband saw me playing and thought the heat had cooked my brain. I was having fun - I used balloon flowers, impatiens, day lilies, poppy seed heads, trumpet flower and Oswego tea. Next time your kids get bored (or you feel like having a lazy day) just pick a few flowers and use your imagination.

6 comments:

  1. These are just fabulous ... what a brilliant idea! I know my granddaughter would have fun doing this ... so would I!! Weeding ... creating flower people ... not really a choice!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are lucky to have a little girl to make dolls with. I don't have any little girls around anymore :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the "movie star" on the right. What clever flower dolls!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These bring back memories of making hollyhock dolls in my grandmothers garden.
    Yours are unique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great way to spend time in the garden. lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your blog and how to go back..I'm glad I did. I love this post and love your sense of humor. You are the kind of people I love in my life. You never lose that kid in you!!!

    ReplyDelete